Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Reading Diary Assessment

When I was going back over the instructions for the reading diaries I really I like when it said that they are more for our benefit than for an actual assignment if that makes sense. When I went back and read stuff I could easily recall other facts that I had not included merely because I had written down the facts that I felt were the most important. It's completely true that our schedules get so busy so this is a perfect assignment. I actually feel like I need to go and making reading diaries for other books I read because often times I will be reading a book and then not be able to pick it up for a couple weeks which causes me to forget a lot of the information I was reading. I think I did a pretty good job on my assignments because they definitely serve their purpose of allowing me to remember what I read. I actually never included any images in my diary posts but I guess that idea never really crossed my mind. I definitely think that's something that will help me remember the stories more in the future. As I'm reading my posts I can definitely tell what a hopeless romantic I am because more of the things that I find the most memorable are things about the love story that went on in the books. As far as advice for other students goes I would say to definitely focus on the fact that this assignment is for us and our benefit. It should compliment our learning styles. It's hard to compare other peoples reading diaries because things that are important to one person might not be important to another and/or the learning styles between people may be completely different.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jade,
    I agree that the reading diary assessments are more for our benefit than for useless points or a waste of time. When I reread my posts it helped me remember all of the events of the story and even inspired me to add additional parts to my storybook that I had not thought of before reading them again. I thought the same thing about creating reading diaries for other books! It would be so helpful in remembering the storylines and specific details. I never included images in my diary posts either. I think the images are more for the reader and the diary posts are meant for the writer, so I do not think an image is necessary.

    ReplyDelete