Thursday, November 20, 2014

Writing Suggestions Week 15

I LOVE THE WRITING IN THIS CLASS!!! Seriously I have never had a class that I get to be so creative with writing! I love getting to make up stories every week and just be whatever character I want! I think I say this all the time but it's so true! That's exactly why this is the second class I am taking from Professor Gibbs! This semester was very hectic for me because of how challenging my classes were and how crazy my work schedule got but I still had a blast! I chose to do the writing portfolio, mainly because I did not have the time to do a storybook! I was very disappointed though because I would have loved to make a Harry Potter Storybook because I had so much fun making my Shakespeare storybook a couple semesters ago! Nonetheless, I'm happy I chose that because I got to make my storytelling posts even more elaborate. I also liked that I got to have Professor Gibbs look at my favorite storytelling posts and give me such in depth feedback! Something I have ALWAYS been impressed with is how in depth she critiques stories! She has SO MANY that she reads, yet she still pays special attention to everything we write. For commenting posts, I would suggest to just be in depth and say everything you feel! People value honesty and want feedback so don't hold anything back! I really loved when people gave me constructive criticism so I would definitely want to do the same to others! Those are the comments that really made my stories better instead of just saying generic things. This class has DEFINITELY made my writing better. I learned so so much from every email I got from Professor Gibbs. It made me realize where I struggle with writing and how to get better! I know that in my future job, I do not have much writing that can be done but I hope to get some responsibilities that require writing because of how much fun I have writing! I may not be the best writer (I know I am not very good), but I love writing so much! Advice for future students would be to be as creative as you can be! There are seriously no limits with creativity and you learn so much about yourself! Don't hold anything back! I know that even though I won't use writing too much at my future job, I will need to be creative and this class definitely helped with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment