Thursday, August 21, 2014

Week 1 Storytelling: The Friends

There were once girls name Missy and Lesley. Missy was consistently getting in trouble from people because of how much she would gossip about people. Lesley sometimes would hear their friends mentioning her name in bad connotations and knew she had to say something one day. Lesley had just moved to their school from somewhere else. At her last school she had her reputation ruined because she spread too many rumors and gossiped about all of her friends. No one at her new school knew about her past.
She lived at home alone for awhile because her mom felt like it would’ve been safer to take her out of public school for a long time. She felt like that part of her life was over and was sure that now it would be a good time to confront Missy about how much she was gossiping about people. She thought she would be able to be an inspiration to her and help her with the situation.
Lesley finally got the courage and talked to her about it. Missy told her that she honestly had no idea what she had been doing. Lesley told her that she shouldn't talk about people behind their backs and said she should try to model herself more like Lesley since she had changed so much. Little did she realize that she had told all of their friends about Missy’s problem. It turns out that she had not changed at all since she moved to her new school. As Missy watched her more and more she realized that she should actually live her live opposite from Lesley because the problem remained and Lesley was still a gossip. The same thing happened to Lesley and she was sucked into drama at her new school. It taught her a valuable lesson that she needed to keep assessing herself before she helped change other people.

Author's Note: This is a retelling of the Young Crab and His Mother. Instead of crabs learning to walk walk I used friends learning not to gossip.

Bibliography
Book: The Young Crab and His Mother from The Aesop for Children
Author: Aseop
Year Published: 1919
Web Source: The Aesop for Children


(picture of the Mean Girls soundtrack cover since the girls in my story were "mean girls") 

3 comments:

  1. Don't forget to put "storytelling" in your title. I scrolled right past this lol. I really enjoyed the concept behind your story! I love Mean Girls and it was great to see that sort of story mixed with Aesop and all in a new light. I wish I could have gotten to know the characters a little bit more just so that their personalities were sold to me, but I understand that that's a lot to put in so few words. But, otherwise, great story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading your story! I love Mean Girls, so I totally get the idea behind your story. It was very creative AND relatable (especially to any girl who has ever beeb through high school!)
    It would be helpful to add the word "storytelling" to your label, I almost missed your story! Im glad I didn't, it was quite amusing. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my all time favorite movie and no matter how many times I watch it I could watch it over and over again. You did a great job using this in your story and scripting it your way it made the story that much more real and meaningful. I think we all girls go through this sometime or the other in our daily lives. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete