Friday, August 22, 2014

Week 1 Storybook Favorites

Storybook 1: Shakespearean Gossip
 This was the first one that my eye went to because I am a big Shakespeare fan! I loved the layout of this storybook because it had a classic look to it that works perfectly for Shakespeare! I was a little confused about the main photo and then I made the connection that it was a storybook about gossip and it was a picture from Gossip Girl, pretty genius. I absolutely felt like that could have been the dialogue from an episode of Gossip Girl so I definitely admire the creativity that they used here!

   I was instantly attracted to this one because The Wizard of Oz is a movie that I grew up on! This was such a fun idea to speak from the point of view from the host of the show. I read the first two stories and I loved how clever they were! Such a fun idea of how to incorporate a classic with modern day entertainment. Something I have always struggled with in writing is dialogue and correctly incorporating it into my stories and I thought that this storybook did a great job at correctly using dialogue!

Storybook 3: Biblical Love Stories
  This was the last storybook I decided to read. I love Biblical love stories so I loved reading all of these blogs! I thought it was so original how they wrote it from the point of view of the characters in the story! My favorite one was the story about Samson and Delilah! I love the humor that was incorporated! I thought it was so fun to be put in this story that I grew up learning. I think it was cute how much of a personality the author gave to Delilah.

1 comment:

  1. Jade, you story book favorites are awesome! Those are all so intriguing and are great attention grabbers. I really think the Wizard of Oz Extreme Home Maker is cool. I love the original story so I am a bit biased. I also l enjoy the idea of adding modern twists to these old stories. I incorporated a modern twist to some of my blog posts as well. The Biblical Love Stories was a great idea as well! My storybook is actually based on love stories. I think all three of the styles would be interesting. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete