Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Reading Diary B Week 3


The part that I was focused on in this reading chunk was the story about Ravana and the monkeys. I think it’s funny/interesting that the source of annoyance here is monkeys. Ravana is angry and wants the worst for Rama. He wants to kill Rama and the monkeys. He tries to convince Sita that Rama was dead by bringing her a fake head of Rama but is not fooled. I think my favorite part about this book so far has been the story behind Rama and Sita. During their battle, the author sets up perfect descriptions of the fight and includes lots of details about the scenery and surroundings. The part that was most interesting was about Ravana’s head constantly growing back. Rama ends up defeating Ravana. The book ends with Rama FINALLY going back to Ayodhya and becoming king like he deserved. I’m very interested to see how different the other versions of the book are.

No comments:

Post a Comment