Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Reading Diary B

I really liked the quote at the beginning of this reading that Maricha says to Ravana when he says, "let the Sun and Moon stand in fear of you but let Sita be!" It kind of reminds me of the reading from last week where someone is talking someone out of being bad. I felt like I was rooting for Lakshmana so much where he was skeptical about the deer, I wish that people would have listened to him. I felt like I do while watching a scary movie when the person is doing something stupid and you can't help but get angry that they're doing. I always feel some weird emotional attachment to Sita during these readings so I was getting really upset when Ravana finally kidnapped her. I was especially annoyed when Ravana was fighting Jatayu. It significantly creeped me out when Ravana calls Sita "Mine."

I thought this was the most entertaining reading with the most interesting little stories. It is definitely going to be easy to figure out a storytelling for this week's reading.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jade,
    I found that many quote throughout the story were applicable to our lives. I could not cite one here for you now because I do not have my book on me, but I am sure you agree. I also like the quote you cited here. I think it helps the reader understand the great evil within Ravana as he cannot fathom that Sita does not want him and she does not fear him either. Ravana is such a horrifying character and the way that he truly desires for all of the world to fear him is just upsetting.

    ReplyDelete