Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Reading Diary B Week 7

The final reading assignment of this awesome book. I was very skeptical of these books before reading them because they would not normally be something that I would choose at a book store. I have loved seeing all of the personalities of the characters in this book and also being able to read more about these characters from other stories from Indian epics.

Lots of love is shown for Rama from Bharata, especially now that he is back and taking over the title. I love the relationship between the two.

People talk about Sita and her actions. This really goes to show how many things don't actually change over time because this is something that would definitely happen again in today's time.

Sumantra blames the result on karma. Lakshmana must obey Rama's wishes to leave Sita at the Ganges.

I love when she comes back to Rama. It shows her humility even though it doesn't work out the way she was hoping.

I really loved this book and can't wait to do more research about it in the future!

1 comment:

  1. I was also skeptical of these novels before we read them. I really liked Narayan’s version more. The relationship between Rama and Bharata began as something insignificant and resulted in a huge plot to the story-- basically the only plot! I could not imagine having a relationship like that with my brother. I would not want to feel guilty for having made his life harder and been the person who was responsible for ruining his life.
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete