Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Reading Diary B Week 4

 I thought it was crazy that Dasaratha forced his own son into exile on the request of someone else. I feel like he gave into the request of Kaikeyi way too fast. It was pretty frustrating for me while I was reading it. I also thought it was crazy how peacefully Rama responded. I really liked the line that Lakshmana said when he said "a wrong thrown at Rama seems to bring out no anger in him; it is like a seed thrown on stone" (71). I really don't like the character of Kaikeyi, it bugged me reading about how she tried so hard to get Dasaratha to teach her the language of the animals. I got super sad (once again) when I read about the death of Dasaratha. That's sad that he dies because of the departure of Rama which I completely blame on Kaikeyi, which makes me not like her even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment