Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Reading Diary A Week 4


Sauti and Sanuaka set up the story by saying that they are going to talk about the story of Ramayana. Narada wants Valmiki to rescue Sita from exile and to teach her sons about Rama. Rama has twin sons named Kusa and Lava who are named by Valmiki. My favorite part of this reading was learning about the story of Pulastya and Vaishravana. It just really caught my attention because of the detail of the characters and the way the author introduces them. Besides that story I also really got a lot of out the story of Ravana and Shiva. I loved rereading about Rama and Vishwamitra. I think it is very interesting reading the same story from two different translations. This reading ends with my favorite story of Rama and Sita. I definitely plan on including them in my storybook because I am such a big fan of this story!

No comments:

Post a Comment