Monday, September 22, 2014

Week 5: Styles

Since I have already completed the style section for the storybook project as opposed to the portfolio one, I am going to be using a lot of the styles that I also used for that one.

Outside Sources: For this style of storytelling I want to incorporate characters from other stories and mix them in with the Indian Epics world. For my storybook project I originally wanted to use the twins from Harry Potter so for an upcoming storytelling assignment I want to use them since I am choosing to do the portfolio instead. I think it would also be fun to somehow use Shakespeare of even the main character from the book The Little Princess because I know there are a lot of references to the Indian culture in that story.

Animal Stories: I really love being able to retell Indian Epics stories with animals instead of the characters. That’s what I am using for my first story on my portfolio and it is my favorite one that I have written so far. I think it is a lot of fun to manipulate the characters and showcase their stories the way they would pan out in the animal world. I like this style a lot because there are so so so many different animals I can use.

Focusing on Lessons: For this one I could retell stories focusing on the important Indian Epics lessons. Karma is the number one topic that I am referring to with this idea but the possibilities are endless because they have so many recurring themes in the stories.

Changing Perspectives: I really enjoy telling stories like this because I can manipulate the story by telling it from another character's perspective and explain the way I think the situation would be like for that other character. The best part about this is when the reader’s do not actually know what the other characters think about a situation so there are so many thoughts you can put in their head.

TV Shows: This is a recurring theme that I see in lots of storytellings that I think would be fun to use. Sort of similar to my first idea, I could tell the story coming from a TV show or a game show in which characters need to know about the stories in order to advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment